Games as we know it provide fun and entertainment. Carrom game is played on board that is made of special kind of wood. Quite essential to maintain that board. The game should focus on the excellence of the equipments used. One such most important accessory is the carrom powder.
Types Of Carrom Powder:
- Boric powder
- starch powder.
We can play the carrom without the carrom powder. However the board undergo wear and scratch to the made of wood surface of the striker and coins which in turn causes roughness while movement along the surface of the board. This causes rough patches to develop along the board and board finally loses its life in process. Worth of the board and its life can be improved. The carrom powder is scattered across the boards exterior. This is mainly done to reduce the roughness caused by the wooden coins and increase the softness of the carrom board. This enables the game to be played in a soft and quick manner.
The boric powder is one of the type of carrom powder. It is more commonly found in the market. However science and technology has made advancement even in such slighter issues and come up with a little superior powder known as the starch powder. Generally the starch powder is made from potato starch and they all come in minute plastic bottles. Now they too are easily available in the market and you have variety of quantity to choose from. You have 100gms, 200gms and so on. Some of its best features are non-poisonous and brilliant concert when compared to the boric complement. The amount of powder used when it comes to starch powder is pretty less. Its cheap and quite confused to handle.
- The process of the game is speed.
- The boric dust powder is commonly used on the carrom board.
- Use only high quality material in order to allow the coins fall easily.
- When sprinkled on surface of the board then automatically fiction is reduced, thus facilitating faster and smoother games.
- To buy quality Carrom boardsand Carrom Accessories, visit carromgear.com
Generally, any violation act of laws or anything done contrary to the laws stated particularly or meant shall be sorted as either a Technical Foul or Foul.
If any act of violation of the Laws done by the player earlier to his first stroke of his turn shall be reckoned as a Technical Foul and it demands one carrom men from the affronting player being brought out for replacing by the opponent and his turn shall proceed. And also any act of violation of the Laws performed by the player currently who does not have his turn shall also be deemed as a Technical Foul, and impose a penalty.
If any act of violation of the Laws performed by the player during or after his first stroke of his turn shall be reckoned as a Foul and it demands one carrom men from the offending player for being brought out for placing by the opponent and the turn to play is also lost. If a foul is made at the time of pocketing the Carrom men or Queen, the number of Carrom men or Queen pocketed consequently shall also be brought out for replacing with the turn to play lost.
- To buy quality Carrom boards and Carrom Accessories, visit carromgear.com
- In Carrom Singles, the players should be seated opposite to each other.
- In Carrom Doubles, the partners should sit opposite to each other, taking up all four sides of the board.
- The place given for a player to sit can be changed any time before he takes up his turn provided the chair or stool on which he seated is not moved, disturbed or lifted in his turn of play.
- At the time of the game, except the playing arm of the player should touch the Carrom Board, carrom stand or table, no other body parts should touch the carom board or stand. While, clothing, rings, bangles, or a watch worn by a player are excused during his time of play with the condition that all these should not touch the playing surface.
- Making use of any objects to lift or change the height of the seat is allowable only after the completion of the board.
- Only the “hand” shall move beyond the imaginary lines of the arrows, no other part of the body is allowed.
- To buy quality Carrom Coins and Carrom Accessories, visit carromgear.com
The US Carrom Association was emerged in 1995 to encourage the Carrom International Game in America. The objective of the USCA is to build a flourishing carrom community in the US and to ensure US participation in the various International Carrom Tournaments and events managed by the International Carrom Federation or other National Carrom Associations around the world.
- Endorse knowledge about the carrom game through media coverage, demonstrations, and other endorsement activities.
- Form a group and association of carrom players, sponsors, officials and fans.
- Conduct an annual National Championship Tournament.
- Assist to organize and endorse regional Carrom Tournaments and events around the country.
- Help to initiate and promote carrom clubs and local leagues.
- Maintain a list of national ranking.
- Embody the United States at ICF Board of Management conferences and other International gatherings.
- Support a US Carrom Team to take part in ICF Tournaments and other carrom contests around the world.
- Join as a member of the USCA and get benefited of various great members’ assistance while you support our efforts.
- Take part in a USCA Tournament and have enjoyment playing carrom and also learn the excellent points of the game getting together with other players.
- Begin an association or carrom club in your area.
- Register to join their official site and keep updated about carrom through mailing list.
- To know more about Carrom game, visit Carromgear.com