Accessories Required for Playing Carrom
Carrom originated hundred years ago. Some believe it was originated in India, while some say its origins are from Portugal and even Burma. Today Carrom is considered one of the world's favorite indoor games enjoyed amongst friends and family. It is easy and fun to play. It is classified as an Indoor Board game which requires both physical and mental elements. Nowadays, Professional carrom tournaments occur throughout the world. Carrom is also named as carrum, couronne, karam, karom, karum, fatta and finger billards.
Accessories required while playing Carrom:
- Carrom Board
- Carrom Coins
A carrom board game can be played by 4 players. Nowadays many children play this game in the evening or during holidays. This game is fun and easy to play. Board is considered the most important part of the game. Carrom board surface should be smooth and have thick wood. Boards are available in various shapes and sizes. But international standards have certain specifications.
- According to ICF standards playing surface of the Carrom board should be smooth and have thickness of 73.5 – 74 cm. Carrom board surface should be made up of plywood or wood which has smooth surface
- Frames should have wooden frames with its height being 1.90 cm – 2.54 cm. Breadth of the surface 6.35 – 7.60 cm.
- Pockets of the four corners should be round inwardly in shape with its diameter being 4.45 cm.
- Base lines – Two straight lines of 47 cm in length should be equally distributed on all sides, black in color.
- Four black arrows with 45 degree angle should be drawn on four corners of the board which has 0.15 cm thickness.
- The circle should be seen exactly at the center of the board which would be red in color.
- Outer circle should be 17 cm in diameter which would be black in color.
- Carrom coins should be of good quality wood and circular in shape.
- Diameter of the carrom should be between 3.02 cm – 3.18 cm.
- Thickness – 0.70 cm – 0.90 cm
- Edge should be round and plain
- Weight of the carrom man should be between 5.00 -5.50 grams
- There should be nine white, nine black and one red carrom men.
- It should be smooth and round with diameter being not more than 4.13 cm and its weight being 15 grams. A striker can be made up of any material except metal.
- Carrom gear supplies two kinds of strikers one for professionals and the other for amateurs.
Carrom Board Stand and Chair
- Table or stand should be between 63.00 cm – 70 cm.
- The stool or chair on which the player is sitting and playing the game should be between 40 cm – 50 cm. Chair should be armless.
- Powder that is used should be of high quality which could make the playing surface smooth and keep it dry. Never use wet powder.
We offer a wide variety of Carrom accessories, most of which are based on the above specifications.